- A sub must have an established handicap
- A handicap is established by having an existing index with the USGA, NCGA or BNFGC
- A BNFGC index is set by having three 9 hole rounds scored and attested by the league commissioner
- A new sub, whom is asked to be added once the season has started, must be cleared by the commissioner at least 1 day prior to the week’s match
- If a sub is used in a match and it wasn’t cleared by the commissioner, the team using that sub will be penalized by having the absent members score be scored as a ‘ghost’ (See Rule 6).